Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Resolve to Blog More for 2009... here is a story from India

Ok... so my last post was waaaayyy back in September. Whoops. If it is any consolation I have been having a lot of fun with a lot of work mixed in?!

Right now we are on Christmas holidays and Cass and I are in India. We arrived into Delhi yesterday after 21 hours of travel! We toughed it out, and it was all worth it... or has been so far! We didn't get to spend too much time exploring Delhi as we left for Agra this morning on the train.

The train ride was an experience in itself; it was great!!! We were put with the locals because all of the other (better perhaps?) seats were sold out. I tell you though, we got the best seats in my opinion!! The car we were in was packed, with people standing in the aisles and then entrepreneurs were bustling through selling coffee/tea/breakfast/samosas/newspapers, etc. It was BUSY! The train ride was 3 hours, but it was a great time to just watch people and watch the countryside pass by. And to think... we only paid 75 rupees... less that $2 CAD!!

I will try to add more tidbits as we go along...

Painful memory of the day... I was enjoying the views of Agra Fort when I turned the corner... and caught a guy uhmmmm "pleasuring" himself. I almost died. And barfed. At the same time. So what did I do? Well, flight or fight kicked in and I ran. I ran so fast that I scared Cassie coming around the corner. Oh yea... maybe a mix between Napoleon Dynamite and Forrest Gump. Hopefully the trauma level hit it's peak for the trip...

No comments: